No, you're crazy
Monday, July 24, 2006

Has it ever occurred to anyone that sometimes people do crazy things but when you do the exact same thing, it's considered normal? I guess crazy depends on your point of view. If they are not doing what you're doing, it's crazy. If they are doing something worse than you are, they're an idiot. So you're pretty much stuck in between. But I'm sure the other person thinks the same way as you are.

I'll be driving down the highway back to Hamilton. I usually stay in the slow lane going at 100km/h. Every now and then I would have to switch over to the middle lane because the driver in front of me is going too slow. The slow drivers don't bother me too much. I know they're just obeying the law. As I'm passing the slow driver, the car in the fast lane speeds by me going somewhere around 150km/h. As that driver passes me, I'm thinking to myself, "He must be crazy going that fast." I look down at the speedometer and notices that I'm going relatively the same speed. He's in the fast lane doing 150 while I'm doing 120 to pass the car in the slow lane. I'm thinking the guy in the fast lane is crazy for going that fast but the car in the slow lane probably thinks that I'm crazy for going as fast as I am.

2 Comments:

Blogger Danna said...

I know exactly what you mean.. Perception is in the eye of the beholder. This is why we need more people in the world to be understanding and open-minded..people forget too easily to walk a mile on another mans shoes. I've added you to my favorites!

4:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Don

7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home