Free you say?
Monday, July 17, 2006
I like getting free stuff. I don't care what it is but if it's free, I'll take it! I'll take two if I could but I don't want to be greedy. I'm sure everyone would like that too but you can't satisfy everyone. I'm sure you're bound to find people who complain if they don't get something for free.

Today, I got a free copy of the local newspaper from McDonald's. I wasn't expecting it but I got one. I pull up into drive-thru and gave my order like I always do. After I paid for it and got my order, the cashier asked if I wanted a free copy of the Spectator. It was early in the morning and I usually pick up a copy when I can so I accepted it.

A few nights ago I was stuck doing the graveyard shift at work. I didn't have time to stop by Subway to get something to eat so I ordered from Pizza Pizza. I called them up and gave my order. The lady on the other end repeated back my order and told me that it should arrive within 40 minutes. She asked if there was a buzzer number that the delivery guy could call so I gave her the extension number of my desk. I told her that I would go down and wait so he wouldn't have to call. So I went down and waited in the lobby for 10 minutes.

After 40 minutes had passed, I call them back up and ask if the delivery guy got lost. The person on the phone transferred me to customer service. The lady from customer service said that the delivery guy waited and call but he called the wrong extension. I told her that I was in the lobby the whole time and if he came to the right address, he would have seen me.

I left the lobby for 2 minutes to check the other lobby to see if he went there instead. I saw the security guard on the way and he informed me that I was standing at the right lobby. The delivery guy would arrive at the other lobby if I gave a different address. So I rushed back to the other lobby and waited some more.

I ordered pizza around 12:50am but the delivery didn't show up until 2:00am. I asked if he came to the lobby that I was waiting at and he said he did. If so was the case, he must have waiting 2 seconds before driving off. Since he took 1 hour and 10 minutes to deliver my pizza and it was guaranteed to be delivered within 40 minutes, I ended up getting a free large pizza, 3 can of Pepsi and a couple of creamy garlic sauce.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home