Almost forgot
Friday, July 14, 2006

I've been pretty busy with work that I totally forgot my page here on Blogger. I've been so focused on my site that I haven't even written here since I reactivate the account. I tell you, the older you get, the faster time seems to fly. This week alone flew by like nothing. It's already Friday night. I don't want to do anything because I'm just exhausted from work. Not that I do much there anyway. I won't be able to go out tomorrow night either because I'm stuck doing the graveyard shift, like most weekend.

This last month, I've just been trying to get things settled in at the new job. So far, it's not too bad. I'm starting to understand my basic tasks and I have no problem completing them. If the work doesn't get done during my shift, it was because I was busy dealing with other stuff.

When you work in a company that deals with international clients, the timing is never right. I tried to work with some of them but I have to wait until I'm on nights to get a hold of them. Once I get a hold of them, sometimes the language barrier gets in the way. I have a hard time understanding some of them because of their thick accents. And what makes it harder is that they try to sound very sophisticated. But what they don't know is that they are using the wrong term.

Recently, one of the clients complained about this telephone service. He said that there is this bizarre "tooting" on the line. My first impression of "tooting" was that someone on the other line picked up the phone and farted. As he is trying to explain the situation, he keeps saying "tooting" and I can't help it but laugh. It's a good thing he couldn't hear me.

And then there are those clients who like to complain about the service. No matter how good it is for everyone else, they feel the need to nit pick and find the bad stuff. And no matter how much we try to help them, they never appreciate it. One client wanted to cancel his control with the company. Although he is a pain to deal with, he is also one of the top clients so we have to try and deal with him the best we can. The problem may not be on our end but we have to say it is and try to fix it for him.

And finally, you have the good clients, the one that don't complain when their service is down. They just kindly inform us of the problem and we get to work. I like dealing with those clients because they don't put any pressure on you to get the work done. They're not always on your back asking for an update on the trouble ticket. For these clients, I will anything to the best of my abilities. Even if it means that I have to drop what I was doing with the other big shot.

But anyway, that's enough out of me. It's Friday night and I don't want to keep on ranting. I think I'm going to call it a night.

1 Comments:

Blogger Don said...

Heheh.. It’s almost sounds like you've never heard of Cambodian people in Canada before. Just so you know, there are a few of us up here.

I've heard Whistler is a really good place to go. I've never been there because I'm too lazy to go up that far. There are places nearby that I head to for snowboarding but I may try Whistler once and see what it's got.

I've been to the states a few times but not that far in. New York and Michigan is probably as far as I've gone.

As for going to Cambodian, I've never been there. Although I came to Canada in '86, I was born in Thailand so I've never even step foot in Cambodian. I'm planning on going back to visit one day.

3:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home